Saturday, October 1, 2011

Book Launch Buildup

Scheduled book launch date:
Veterans Day, 2011
11-11-11
Fighting Fear: Winning the War at Home
When Your Soldier Leaves for Battle

Here's what those who've read it are saying:


As a combat veteran and now minister, I was captivated by the premise of this book. I can still remember the anxiety and fear that rushed through our family during my deployment. Many days, I prayed that the Spirit would comfort my wife, children mother and friends as I walked "through the valley of the shadow of death. I was confident in my training, but never found the right truth from God's Word to comfort those who were praying for me...UNTIL NOW! Fighting Fear: Winning the War at Home is just the kind of tool that the Spirit can use to comfort those who are battling to stay strong during their own time of adversity.
 - Kurt Hartley, Operation Iraqi Freedom Veteran and Ordained Southern Baptist Minister


This book will be a real blessing to anyone with a deployed spouse or child, but it also helped me understand the emotions my brother and sister-in-law were experiencing when my Marine nephew left for Iraq. What a great resource this book would have been for all of our extended family then. It is one you'll want to purchase by the dozen to keep on hand for gift-giving to anyone who loves a soldier.
 - Deborah Raney, author of the Hanover Falls novels and A Vow to Cherish


The essential weapon of faith for the families of soldiers fighting the war at home. Edie Melson writes with the compassion, depth and poignancy to make this devotional a fixture on the bedside stand of anyone whose loved one is deployed. Deeply touching, empowering and healing, it guides readers to the Hand that will hold and strengthen them during this challenging season.
 - Susan May Warren, award-winning, best-selling novelist and former missionary to Russia

3 comments:

  1. This looks great! I think I need to get it for my nephew's family as he's a newly-minted marine. I hope it helps everyone that's experiencing the deployment of their loved one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best wishes on the book, Edie. I look forward to passing it along to others. It is wonderful being a part of this project and pray it encourages many families.

    Jeanne
    www.streams-edge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where will be able to buy this book? I'd love to share with all my friends with military families.

    ReplyDelete